What is the C-SGN Emulator?
The CIoT Serving Gateway Node (C-SGN) Emulator is designed to test the 3GPP Release 13 enhancements for eMTC and NB-IoT. It combines the MME, SGW, and PGW functions, simulating the optimized EPC network required for Cellular IoT.
The C-SGN Emulator creates an end-to-end lab environment for testing functions and features that characterize enhanced Machine Type Communication (eMTC) and Narrow Band Internet of Things (NB-IoT) implementations. In order to reduce complexity in the setup of a test environment, it also supports simulation of SMS Central Function (SMS-SC) and the Service Capability Exposure Functions (SCEF).
This solution can be used by chip manufacturers for devices and base stations, network equipment manufacturers, research and test establishments, protocol stack vendors, base station vendors, as well as IoT device vendors for testing their IoT optimized implementations.
- Control Plane optimization for small data transfer over NAS
- User Plane optimization for small data transfer with RAN context caching
- Non-IP data transmission via SGi tunneling and/or SCEF
- UE Attach without PDN connectivity
- SMS without combined attach of NB-IoT UEs
- RoHC header compression of IP user data
- Security procedures, ciphering, and integrity checking for user data
For more information, you can contact us at email@example.com, or even easier – fill out this quick contact form, and we’ll get back to you quickly: